Getting here is half the adventure
We’re just a short 2-hour drive from Sydney – and getting here is half the fun – as you’ll be driving through some of the Hawkesbury’s most scenic bushland and waterways. We look forward to welcoming you here to Bandusia – you’ll love it.
How to find us
Note that many Sat Nav devices have taken our guest on a route that adds one hour to the travel time. Follow the directions below and you can’t go wrong.
- Firstly pick your route to get to Wiseman’s Ferry either via Dural or via Windsor or Pitt Town.
- From the city or North Shore, consider Epping Road and then on to the M2.
- Then take the Pennant Hills Road exit turning right.
- Take a left into Castle Hill Road and a right into New Line Road and carry on to Old Northern Road and Dural. It is then a direct run of 38 kms to Wiseman’s Ferry.
- Cross the Hawkesbury River on the “Webb Creek” car ferry, drive off and head up St Albans Road and exactly 22 kms later you will arrive at the St Albans village. You can enter the village by turning right over the Macdonald River bridge.
- To get to Bandusia Retreat, DO NOT turn right at the bridge but carry on up the “Branch Road” signposted as Upper Macdonald Road and 10.5 kms you are at our doorstep.
- The scenery is positively captivating as you pass through one of Australia’s oldest farming valleys. Remember to watch your trip meter. En route from the bridge at St Albans and 7.3 kms on, you will cross a concrete bridge and hit a T-junction where you must turn left!
- Carry on past the pecan farm and we will see you at the Retreat on your right after the last 3 kms.
Elapsed driving time from the centre of Sydney is usually 2 to 2.5 hours on a Friday afternoon.
Stay left at all times on St Albans Roads. The roads are sometimes narrow and poorly sign posted. Please STAY LEFT and avoid oncoming traffic.
THE FERRY RUNS 24 HOURS A DAY EVERY DAY.